This healthy taco salad is about to rock your socks off! First of all we want to point out that this taco salad is not only low carb but it’s also gluten-free. We managed to due away with salad dressing on this one by using salsa and sour cream instead which works surprisingly well.
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 tsp Avocado oil (or any oil of choice)
- 1 tbsp Taco seasoning (store-bought or home-made)
- 8 oz Romaine lettuce (chopped)
- 1 1/3 cup Grape tomatoes (halved)
- 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 medium Avocado (cubed)
- 1/2 cup Scallions (chopped)
- 1/3 cup Salsa (your favorite)
- 1/3 cup Sour cream
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat. Add ground beef. Stir fry, breaking up the pieces with a spatula, for about 7-10 minutes, until the beef is browned and moisture has evaporated.
- Stir taco seasoning into the ground beef until well combined.
- Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add the ground beef. Toss everything together.