Here we go with another great vegan & gluten free meal! Usually when we look for new healthy recipes were not necessarily targeting vegan or gluten free but when we come across a good one we just cant help but share it.
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- fine sea salt
- 1 tbsp finely grated lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp ground coriander
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water, quinoa, and ½ tsp fine sea salt to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce the heat to medium low, and simmer 14 to 15 minutes until the water is absorbed. Uncover the pan and place the broccoli on top of the quinoa. Recover pan and let stand 5 minutes.
- Uncover pan and fluff the quinoa and broccoli with a fork and spread onto a baking sheet to cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime zest, lime juice, olive oil, chili powder, cumin, and coriander. Add the cooled quinoa-broccoli mixture, black beans and cilantro. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.