Fresh Pan – seared scallops are to die for. Fresh and simple it’s sure to make your tummy jump for joy!
- 8 LARGE SEA SCALLOPS, SIDE MUSCLE REMOVED
- 1 TABLESPOON OLIVE OIL
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTELEMON BUTTER SAUCE:
- 2 TABLESPOONS UNSALTED BUTTER
- 2 TABLESPOONS FRESH PARSLEY, MINCED
- 1-2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- JUICE OF HALF A LEMON, SQUEEZED
Pat scallops dry and season with salt and pepper. Mince the parsley and garlic and set aside. Add the olive oil to a 12 inch cast iron skillet and bring to high heat. Once skillet is hot, add the scallops to the pan and sear for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown on the top and bottom.
Remove scallops from the skillet and set aside. Add the butter, garlic, lemon and fresh parsley to the skillet, stirring occasionally until fully melted. Return the scallops to the skillet and cook for an additional minute per side. Place on a serving dish and drizzle with extra lemon butter sauce as desired.
Sprinkle with a pinch of leftover fresh herbs and serve immediately.